Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Boy glues self to bed to avoid school

A 10-year-old Mexican boy glued his hand to his bed to avoid going back to school after the Christmas break, authorities said Monday.

“I thought if I was glued to the bed, they couldn’t make me go to school,” the boy, Diego, told AFP. “I didn’t want to go, the holidays were so much fun.”

“I remembered my mom had bought a very strong glue,” he said of the industrial strength shoe glue he used to stick his hand to the bed’s metal headboard, where he stayed stuck for two hours.

His mother Sandra Palacios was unable to free him and called paramedics and police to help. Diego watched cartoons while they worked to unglue him, eventually using a spray to dissolve the chemical adhesive.

“I don’t know why this happened. He is a very good boy,” said his mother.

Diego eventually made it school a few hours late.

10 Shittiest Books Ever Written. Literally.

The Real Toy Story: Inside the Ruthless Battle for America's Youngest Consumers

The Legendary Beer Of The Month Club

Jesus Camp - Full Documentary


Awesome BBC Documentary About Evel Knievel, Shot Months Before His Death.


How To Get 6 Bottles Of Wine For Free